Monday, April 2, 2012

The framing continues.....

Just like all the zillions of nails and screws I talked about earlier, the amount of rotted framing that I find is getting right up there too.   Every time I take something apart, I find more rotted wood that needs replaced.

The most recent example is all the framing under the entrance door.  There is virtually nothing behind it.  In fact, the only thing really keeping the door on is the aluminum skin.  So that's next on the list...
The very, very, very long list.

Thus far, I've continued to repair the framing on the front side.  Its looking much better and I'm almost done.  Also, I started replacing the "rafters" on the ceiling.  I've put some up but the main ones I'm going to sister a piece of steel or aluminum to add strength.

Over-all the project is going well.  But I am starting to get burnt out.  I could use some help one of these days to hit it hard and get a TON done.  (Consider this your warning Dad & Mom.  And no I'm not going to tell you the date I'm going to ask for help so you can't pre-plan to be "busy".   :)

I also bought one of those magnetic nail-picker-upper-thingys.  I waved it above a pile of debris and, "WOW", I can't believe we haven't gotten a flat tire yet!  I'm mean look at all these NAILS and SCREWS!!!  It won't take long for one of these bad boys to end up in a tire!







I also added support for the front floor.  Not much considering there could be two people sitting on each side of the dinette.

No comments:

Post a Comment