Friday, February 24, 2012

Long day of Demolition!!!

Today I took the day off work and spent some quality time with "Bob".  I worked on tearing apart the cabinets so I could get them out, but keeping them together enough to re-assemble later.

10 Things I learned today....

  1. Shasta Trailer company LOVED using screws and nails!  By the millions!
  2. Just when you think you got all the nails and screws, you find 40 more.
  3. Then, just when you think you got all the nails and screws, you find 60 more.
  4. Finally, just when you think............you get the idea!
  5. ALL shasta's leak, you just don't always know it.
  6. Its cold in Iowa in February.  Which means I was working in a large Fridge.
  7. I need a tetanus shot, stat!
  8. Don't open the windows to let the dust out because they will freeze open. (hope spring comes soon!)
  9. Most things are also nailed from the outside.  Things magically stick to the walls w/o screws!
  10. The counter tops we want are $800!!!!!!  I hope the sales lady doesn't work on commission!
 Here are some pics of the updated progress... 
(although progress seems like the wrong word)

We got about 6" of REALLY heavy, wet snow, so I decided to brace the ceiling.

The wall on both sides have become detached from the base of the trailer. 
You can see right down to the snowy ground.
  
As the sun came out the snow begin to melt and came inside the "Fridge" and froze. 
Made it easy to spot the many leaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment