Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Its been a snowy May!

Hard to believe I know!  You maybe be wondering where I live.  :)

Actually the "snow" is actually little flakes of styrofoam!  Its filled Bob as I've been working on the insulation.  I managed to get almost all of it done in 7 strait hours of work on Monday night.  Since then I've finished up with the vapor barrier.  Not really sure if that was needed, but I figured since there isn't much insulation in these trailers, it would be a good idea to prevent any condensation.

BOY is that styrofoam a pain to work with!!!  It wasn't too bad to cut, but I was trying to hurry and it just made for a bigger mess.  By the time I was all done, there was about an inch of styrofoam "snow" in the trailer.  It looked like a snowman threw up!  Fortunately, the shop vac made quick cleanup.


Its always funny to watch the cats jump in a box full styrofoam peanuts.  Then they are all stuck to the kitties and I laugh!  Hee, hee, hee...
Well, they finally got their revenge!  Because the only thing styrofoam sticks to better than cat fur, is a fat, sweaty dude stuck in a little trailer!
Actually, it looked like a snowman threw up on ME!

It was all worth it though.  As of tonight, we are ready to start PANELING!  I've been looking forward to this for a long time!  And as Chuck mentioned, people are gonna see it, so its gotta look nice.  I am going to have to slow down, and take my time.   Deeeeeep breath.  Innnnnnnnn.....annnnnd.....oooooouuutttt!
This is not gonna be easy!



Ceiling Insulation......CHECK


Rear insulation..........CHECK


Front insulation.......DOH!   TOO SMALL!



Front Insulation (Take 2).......CHECK!




All vapor barrier.......CHECK!



You can also see all the DC wiring I've ran for all the lights.  Hope it all works when I'm done! 



I bought a few sheets of 1/4 inch Birch plywood, so once I get started, I let you know how its going!
It would of been nice to use 1/8 inch like was originally used, but I can't find it around here for a reasonable price.  The only place I could find it was a company that would ship to Home Depot, and it was $20.00 more per 4X8 sheet!    YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment