Tuesday, April 17, 2012

ALMOST TO THE FUN PART!

Or that's what I keep telling myself...
I'm looking forward to starting in on the electrical, plumbing, and rebuilding the interior.


Sorry I haven't kept up on the blog very well, I was sick last Friday-Sunday and didn't feel like posting anything.

I'm soooooo tired of butyl tape, and windows, and aluminum skin, and worrying about leaks, and framing.  But we've made great progress over the last week or so.  I will be happy to start on new things.

I think Menards is taking every cent I have 5 bucks at a time.  Every time I need something, I think, "Its only like 5 bucks", but those 5 dollar trips to Menards add up!!!  Kinda like going to Ikea!  I remember our first visit there like it was yesterday......

Walking around seeing all this SUPER CHEAP cool stuff.  "WHAT?!?!?!?  A cool wooden cooking spoon for 2 dollars! OH YEAH!"  Take that times a few thousand items and it leads up to me at the cash register gripping my chest in fear of an impending heart-attack, then frantically looking for the credit card with the highest spending limit.  Then the shameful 4 hour drive home thinking about how we just spent a ton of money of lamps, bowls, and of course..... spoons.


Whoa, sorry I got a little off subject!

BACK TO BOB THE SHASTA!

We've have all but 1 window installed!  Looks fantastic!!!!  We even did the front Dinette side windows.  Those boogers are reeeeally tricky.  We learned a lot on the 2nd one we put in, so I think we'll go back to the first one and make a few adjustments.  Also, framing 99.99% done!

Tonight, I put in the bottom plates on the front and rear.  It made a huge change in the stability of Bob.  Now it really seems rock solid.  So the only framing left now is the ceiling pieces that I laminated with steel to make them stronger.

OH!  And I ordered a few toys!  I got my AC/DC panel, Air conditioner, and the fridge. 

Finally, I need to make a decision on the roof vent.  I notice that its leaking now.  But there is a thick layer of this silver coating on the roof.  Its' so thick that I can't even see the screws to get the vent off.  So, I'm not really sure on how to get that off so I can re-seal it.  Hope to get that figured out soon.








So clean you can't even see the glass!



Hello!



Here is a before and after of Brandi removing the old screw, cleaning the aluminum, sealing and installing a new screw.  Looks GREAT!

1 comment:

  1. Replacing screws!?! Wow - this thing is gonna look aaaaaaaaaaamazing when your done! Oh, and you are so right about IKEA. Seriously, I have no idea how it adds up so fast!

    ReplyDelete