Sunday, April 8, 2012

Cheap labor is always welcome.

We had another productive weekend on the camper.  Mostly because we were +1 person!  My mom came and helped out!  It was a lot of fun having her along for the work.  It was just like the good ol' days when I was living at home.  She would sit in her beach chair with the large umbrella casting cool shade from hot sun, sipping a Mai Tai in the picturesque "corona commerical" like fashion, all while telling me where to put each 50 lb limestone block for her one of many landscape walls.   Oh yeah, NOW i get it!  Cheap/free labor is ALWAYS welcome!!!!!!



 I'm glad to say that we are finally starting to get the windows back in the trailer.  Although, I didn't really think they would be very hard to do, we found the opposite to be true.  Many of the old gaskets and seals were hard to remove and it was usually hardER to get the new ones back in!

Another thing to cross off the list, we got all the J-rail and skins re-installed with new Butyl tape.  All I know is...... if this thing leaks when I'm done, I am going to set it on fire and cook the yummiest hotdog of all time on it.  That way, at least something good comes from all this work!



Here is one of the windows back installed with the drip cap too.  Brandi and Mom did a GREAT job!







Here is the front windows reinstalled.  Also the far right glass is has been replaced.  THANKS MA!





Here is a close up of the drip cap.  All the butyl tape is oozing out, so I think we can cut it off to make it look better.






Here is our solution to replacing the weather striping pile on the edges.  We put some oil in the track first and pushed it as far as we could.  Then I put the hook in the pliers and would "stab" the pile, and slide it up little, but little. 





Here's my lil' helper....





The door is next on the list too, the whole bottom is rotted off.

No comments:

Post a Comment