Thursday, March 29, 2012

"Bob" is back on track!

I'm glad to announce that I was able to recover from my "Epic Fail"!

Although not easy, I've made some good progress.  I started off getting
frustrated, but then I heard the voice of my inner craftsman say, "You are over thinking it, dumb it down and you can figure it out!"   Wiser words have never been spoken.  (at least by my "inner craftsman")  Dumbing things down has been my speciality, and it really helped......for once in my life.  Although I'm sure my "inner craftsman" isn't Bob Vila, Mike Holmes, or Tom Silva.  Probably more like Pee-wee Herman with purple tool belt.


Anyhow,  I kept trying to think of ways to re-create the framing EXACTLY like it was done originally.  But in the end its basically impossible, so I just had to make a new way to re-frame it.

Also, it helped to completely remove the rear skin.  That way, I had easy access to everything and could easily scribe the curve on to new pieces of lumber.







Here it is back together again.


I also got started on the new framing for around the window. 



The wind is sure blowing outside and I think it blew off all the plastic that Brandi had covered the windows with.  I sure hope it doesn't rain much tonight!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment