Saturday, March 31, 2012

LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER!

I think we've all heard that a few thousand times in our life.  But.....its true.  Likewise, when the nice folks at www.vintageshasta.proboards.com say you HAVE to get a Kreg Pocket Jig, YOU SHOULD LISTEN!  I was toe-nailing screws in the best I could, and it was taking forever!  Being my stubborn self, I thought I can just get by doing it this way.  Then forever turned into forever-ever.  Kinda like when your trying to eat dinner with your Grandma and some dude comes and keeps talking, and talking, and talking.  :)
So, I thought, hmmmm, maybe I should buy one of the those Kreg thingys everyone said I should buy!

KAZAM!  One quick trip to Home Depot and I've got a cool little kit.  It comes with everything you need in one cool carrying case.   And boy does it make framing go Faaaaaaaaaaaaaast!

It shaved hours off my work just today!  That helped us get a lot done.  The re-framing of the back end is 99% complete.  The street side drip edge/awning rail is off.  And Brandi cleaned up one of the windows and we re-installed it.  Looks GREAT!



All that's left to frame is the very bottom plate.




Window is back in!!!!!!  Finally see some progress!






Outside few of new window.





Here is an example of the wonder of the Kreg Pocket Jig







While we're hard at work, here is what the cats do....

No comments:

Post a Comment