Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day of incredible progress!!!!!

I'm writing you with pain in every part of my body right down to my fingers I'm typing with.  Between the "Day of incredible progress", and P90X (don't ask), my body is rejecting any movement except laying on the couch moving only for the occasional button press on the remote IF absolutely necessary.  But as you can see from the pics we got a LOT done today!!!!


For starters, Brandi removed all but the front window and drip edges above them.  While I focused on repairing the retractable step, removing everything from the inside, and laying down new subfloor.

I also got to run to Menards for some supplies, and put in a big order from www.vintagetrailersupply.com for what felt like a hefty chunk of my life savings.  (Just an illustration, a "hefty chunk would actually be $3.48 :)



Here is Brandi hard at work!!!!




It looked like someone had run over something BIG and bent the step badly. So it needed some repair since it was stuck under the trailer and wouldn't slide out.

PLAN A:    I tried to bend it back with a little "persuasion" know more commonly as a Stanley mini-sledge.  But, it wouldn't budge!

PLAN B:    We hooked on 2 ratcheting moving straps and hooked the other end on the steel frame and tightened one at a time until it bent out. 


           NOW IT WORKS, but it's in bad shape, so it may get replaced some day.



Here are the fruits of Brandi's hard work!  



And here is the new floor! 
I haven't screwed it down yet because we ran outta steam.  But that will be done tomorrow.



Brandi covered up all the window openings so it will keep out most of the rain until we can restore and reinstall the windows.



So as you can see we got a LOT done today.  I wanted to peel the roof up and repair the water damage, but it was way too windy.  If the wind would of caught the roof, it would of peel it off like a sardine can!


We even got a little tan, possibly a little sun burnt.  Although, I'm sure Sarah, Vince, and Paxton have us beat!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - Bob is sure getting a make-over! I thought you might be taking advantage of this nice weather. Sounds like it's time for a nice, cold beer!

    ReplyDelete